I was nominated for the Liebster Award
For those who don’t know, The Liebster Award is an acknowledgement that allows bloggers to discover new blogs and nominate their favourite ones.
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Display your award.
- Answer the questions you were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers.
- Ask 6 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let your nominees know they were nominated and give them a link to your post.
I was nominated by Elena from Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Check out her blog for funny and relatable stories. Thank you so much for the nomination!
So here are the answers to the questions she asked:
- How do you come up with what to write about?
Often I write about my own adventures, or things that have been on my mind, or things that I have learnt. If i’m struggling to think of things I sometimes draw inspiration from other travel blogs, as I’m always reading them!
2. How is your favorite Author?
I have to say I don’t read an awful lot of books – I’m usually busy reading blogs or travel guides! However, even as an adult Alice in Wonderland is still a favourite so I’m going to go with Lewis Carroll – he has so many amazing quotes.
3. Do you have any hobbies?
Aside from blogging and basically any type of writing, I love an adventure. I love to go snorkelling, hiking, and camping whenever I can.
4. What do you like best about blogging?
I love the sense of community and support between bloggers. Instead of competing with each other we try to help other bloggers with their success.
5. What is your favorite part of the country?
Well Elena lives in the states, however I live in Australia so I will answer for Australia. Based on where I have been so far I would have to say right where I am now – Far North Queensland. The weather is warm and sunny all year round, the people are friendly, the scenery is beautiful, and my backyard is basically the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, and the Atherton Tablelands.
So now it’s my turn to nominate some blogs. Here are my choices…
- Hannah from Made With Love – Hannah blogs about sex, health and lifestyle, discussing issues that affect all of us. Well-written posts feel like a cross between a helpful agony aunt and the girlfriend you can chat about anything to.
- Molly from Maybe Miss Molly – Whether her latest post is about beauty, fashion, travel, life or blogging, I love sitting down with a cup of tea and catching up on it. Molly is also super active and supportive in the blogging community, with innovative ideas to help your blog grow.
- Gemma from An ocean Glimmer – Gemma has fantastic stories and reviews on so many things, from beauty to food, entertainment, motorsports, and more. The aesthetic of her site with beautiful pictures makes it even more enjoyable.
- Char and Mar from Our bucket list adventure – they are documenting their adventures all over the world in a way that sparks envy but is so unpretentious. Unlike some other travel bloggers, they’re very real with a chatty, friendly writing style.
- Clazz from An Orcadian abroad – Clazz is a classic Scottish lass, the kind you would love to catch up with for a cup of tea and a chat, however she’s too busy having adventures all around the globe on a budget you didn’t think was possible!
So congratulations amazing bloggers on your nominations – well deserved! Here are my questions for you:
- Why do you blog?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- What is your biggest goal that you’re working towards right now?
- What is your favourite thing to do in the world?
- What is your favourite room in your home and why?
- If you could spend today however you wanted with no financial limits or obligations, what would you do?
Thank you again Elena for my nomination! Please do check out my nominees for five fabulous blogs!